Browse by Category
Veri-Green Starter Fertilizer for Seeding & Sodding
- Rich phosphorus starter formula helps to develop deep grass roots
- Apply when seeding or sodding to jump-start grass development
- Fertilizer analysis: 12-18-8
- Contains humates to get new lawns off to a great start
- Feeds the lawn for up to 2 months
- Spreader Settings
- Product Label
- Reviews (1)
Jonathan Green Veri-Green Starter Lawn Fertilizer for Seeding & Sodding has been specifically designed to grow quicker and thicker grass roots. Healthy grass roots are essential for surviving the harsh summer and winter weather conditions. Give your new lawn the best chance of survival and a quick and successful germination. Our Veri-Green Lawn Food for Seeding and Sodding is rich in phosphorus, a key component in the development of root formation for new grass seedlings. This product also contains humates that enhance the efficiency, availability, and exchange of plant nutrients to and from the soil.
For best results, this starter fertilizer should be applied just after seeding a new lawn or installing sod rolls. We recommend checking local ordinances to determine the appropriate application times and any region-specific restrictions.
When to Apply:
- Apply the same day as seeding or sodding.
- The best time to apply is spring, late summer, or early fall depending on the region.
- Spread this product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- Sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Thoroughly irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation, but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn allowing the product time to activate.
- 5 lb Bag – 1,500 sq. ft.
- 15 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
- 45 lb Bag – 15,000 sq. ft.
Can Be Used When Seeding: Yes
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Safe for Children & Pets: Yes
Application Temperature Range: 55° – 80°F
When to Use: Spring, summer, or early fall
The spreader settings listed are approximate. Spreader condition, rate of walk, and humidity are just some of the variables that can affect the rate of application. Please refer to the product label link on this page, or the back of the bag, for further details along with application rates and precautionary statements. You may need to adjust settings for proper coverage if circumstances described on the label are applicable. In all cases, the user should read and follow label instructions before applying any product, and assumes all responsibility when using this spreader settings tool.
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
Used this product (under the old “Green-Up” label) along with Black Beauty Ultra and Mag-I-Cal Plus for an overseeding project last fall with great results. Really gave the grass seedlings a great start – lawn was thick and dark green. Stood out next to all the other yards in our neighborhood. The fertilizer spread evenly and easily using a Scotts Elite spreader. I’ll use it again next time I overseed.
Frequently Bought Together
5 out of 5
Lawn Moss ControlMoss control with 50% more active ingredient for faster and longer lasting control.
4.73170731707 out of 5
Love Your Soil®Soil food that stimulates microbes to build topsoil while loosening hard, compacted soil.
4.82978723404 out of 5
Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic SoilConcentrated calcium soil food with humates that rapidly raises & balances soil pH.
3.33333333333 out of 5
New American Lawn® Standard Rotary SpreaderSpreader with large 9 inch tires that holds up to 40 lbs of product.